• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Help while traveling.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Each of us has probably had a situation arise as we travel about the the countryside, perhaps far from our home base, where we need a helping hand with a repair, finding a locate garage, finding a hotel, etc.
Is there a list, on this site, of members, with their contact information, who are willing to offer a helping hand and what they could offer.
Things like finding a local garage, lending tools, maybe a helping hand, directions to a local hotel, maybe even a bed for the night.
I'll gladly be the first to sign up if there is not a list and if there is a list I would like to add my name.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
When I owned my BMW motorcycle, BMOA had such a guide that was part of membership.
Although I never used it, it was a comfort knowing that I wasn't necessarily alone in unfamiliar
areas. I know I'd be happy to help a fellow "Beamer" as I have tools and usually have parts.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
BMWMOA has had that in place since the early’70’s as I recall. It listed available tools, place to work, coffee, place to camp overnight, all kinds of stuff. Not sure if it’s still in place.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not only in case of break down but if travelling for work etc. contacts that can direct to local events . Kept busy during 2020 as we had our not recognized and non sponsored impromptu C and C's. So there's still a bunch that aren't advertised as the turnout becomes unmanageable plus the wanker's with the too loud and no self control exhaust systems.
So yeah if in or South of LAX good car guy attractions can be shared.