• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Help: Overdrive speedo ID

cdk84

Donation Time
Hello:

Can anyone tell me the correct numerical designation for an overdrive spedometer for a Series II Alpine? I need to learn how to distinguish the OD version from the nonOD versions for a retrofit.

Thanks in advance,
David

Wombat

Donation Time
Seems to be the season for speedo questions.

According to the (occasionally fallible) parts book:

For the Series II B9105975 onwards to the Series 3 for both overdrive and non overdrive the ID is 6117/11 (Rootes number 1206264)

Before this the non overdrive would be either 6117/00 or 6117/01. The time of change over is not mentioned.

For overdrive cars the ID for cars before the above number is 6117/02.

The parts book does not list the turns per mile figure that is probably the most important number to look for.

tfctpa

Donation Time
Ohan,
That's really nice work. Being new to Sunbeams, this is something I can really use.