• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Headrest for S-III,IV seats

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Has anyone added headrests to stock series III-IV seat frames using original frame pipes? If so how?
Or would it be better to weld headrest supports to matching headrests?

Attachments

• frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 29

Mag0152

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have used the headrest and it’s support from a 73-76 triumph tr6. The headrest are period correct.IMG_0612.jpeg

alpine_64

Donation Time
The microcell swtaa actually had optional headrests that matched the seat design... The rally tigers used them and the original prss shots of the series 3 in some shots had them.

You could use the existing frame.. but you'd end up with very wise head rests... Better to add some new tubes and you could probably add ones that are height adjustable.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I used headrests from a '92 Chevy pickup. Looked like they grew there, really matched the seat design. Had to weld a tubular (square) frame into the seatback. It all worked very good.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
And I am now the happy owner of the ones Mr Bill created. They are going in my '65 SIV ST OD Color code 70.

Very functional too.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Here a couple PIC's of them just placed in the Alpine. They are not fastened in.

Attachments

• 3819 Seats from Bill Blue   20201006_184317.jpg
    3819 Seats from Bill Blue 20201006_184317.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 3819 Seats from Bill Blue     20201006_184310.jpg
    3819 Seats from Bill Blue 20201006_184310.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited: