• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Headlight relay

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
If anyone has experience in adding a Moss (Part # 117-515) headlight relay kit to an Alpine (in particular a SIV), I would like to hear from you. I am trying to add one as I am replacing the original headlights to H6024s. Thanks

20230106_144848.jpg

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
This is how we wire relays into our Alpines (Negative Earth). If you use thicker supply wires you will notice a massive difference. It isn't using Moss relays but it might help you.
Tim R

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 09.09.35.png

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Tim, I have to think about this.

I understand the connections need to be made where the wiring splits and not downstream. I had connected it but only passenger headlight worked (high and low beams), the other worked but was dim. But when I disconnected back to original wiring it worked the same (pass headlight on, driver's dim). See pic, connected via 3 blue/white wires on 4 wire connector, blue/red on 2 way connector (which was incorrect). It seems the blue/red should be connected at the dip switch via the 3 wires on the 4 wire connector as this is the only 3 wire blue/red connector I can see.

Thanks for your help. David

Attachments

• 20230106_143513.jpg
    20230106_143513.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 21

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes thank you. I was starting to think along that line and I think you definitely correct. Slowly figuring this out, located the high and low beam power sources so I know where to connect now but will fix the ground first.