• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Hard top

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Back in 1968 (when I had my Tiger), there was a guy in my hometown who drove an Alpine and did some kind of door-to-door work. He left the car running one day and it caught fire and burned up. He didn't have the hardtop on at the time and stopped by my Mom's house, where he'd seen my car parked, to ask if I wanted it. I think she gave him $50. It was in perfect condition and added a lot to the car, especially during the winter months. I don't think that's going to happen again, though.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hart top

If someone has a hard top they would be willing to part with my life would be perfect.

Hi Larry,
Like I said in the past, I have a hardtop here but it needs a great deal of work. It is a shell and will require the bottom edges rebuilt.
I think I have the side window/lites for the top but no rear glass.
It will need to be totally sanded, primed and painted.
I will not deliver at this time and shipping will be a killer. It is yours cheep, cheep if you want it.
I think you should look for another in better shape, just know that I will hold it here for you if you are unable to find another.
Regards,
Andrew

lgurley

Donation Time
I thought I had one

I thought I had a hard top lined up but the deal unraveled on me.
I still need a hard top for a SV which was sold as a 1966. I don't expect to find a perfect top. I am ready to do repairs, sanding, painting etc.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I thought I had a hard top lined up but the deal unraveled on me.
I still need a hard top for a SV which was sold as a 1966. I don't expect to find a perfect top. I am ready to do repairs, sanding, painting etc.

Oh you can count on doing repairs, but just about any top you find under 4 figures will need some welding and sheetmetal, not just sanding and painting.

W

WaltSV

I paid $250 for the shell and another $350 to get it patched and painted. I'm into the new headliner about $250.

Now to install the windows and I'm in just over $1k.

I think I'm lucky on the price, condition and having a friendly painter.

Walt

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time

I would think that is a good $300+ hard top (it will be good to see what ebay will bring on this one). It is hard to see the inside rails along the rear window but it is a good place to start.
I am sorry about the top Larry, I mixed peopel up and Paul has first dibs. I will PM you today as I have some things in the works. For an extre 2 or 3 hundred dollars this may be a good way to go.
Regards,
Andrew

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Back in 1968 (when I had my Tiger), there was a guy in my hometown who drove an Alpine and did some kind of door-to-door work. He left the car running one day and it caught fire and burned up. He didn't have the hardtop on at the time and stopped by my Mom's house, where he'd seen my car parked, to ask if I wanted it. I think she gave him $50. It was in perfect condition and added a lot to the car, especially during the winter months. I don't think that's going to happen again, though.

Just a few years after that (also when I had a Tiger) I found an embassy black, plastic, hardtop in super shape for 100$ in the back lot of an end-of-the-road used car lot on the wrong side of town. I happened to spot it while driving by, made an offer and drove home with it.

Jim E

Donation Time
How about a rust free top that is fresh painted black, all new rubber, windows and headliner. I just need to assemble it..... then it will go on the market.