• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Happy 20th anniversary to my Alpine 17/11/2016

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree. I've been around since the start and over the years I've seen many come and make a splash and then they sell the car and fade away to never be heard of again. They have other things happening in their lives and life gets in the way. Some just hang around forever. Those are the facts.

And some go and return to the Alpine. Bought my first 'Pine in 1963, traded it in 1968 for a '68 Rambler. Life makes us do strange things. I was in college, helping with the family farm located two hours away and the Alpine was approaching its mid life crisis.

Bought the second one in 1995.

"Life is like a box of chocolates".

Bill

65beam

Donation Time
20th

And some go and return to the Alpine. Bought my first 'Pine in 1963, traded it in 1968 for a '68 Rambler. Life makes us do strange things. I was in college, helping with the family farm located two hours away and the Alpine was approaching its mid life crisis.

Bought the second one in 1995.

"Life is like a box of chocolates".

Bill

I've seen some come back but most of the time not until later in life after the normal life things have been taken care of.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Michael, I appreciate your well stated passion for a memorable Sunbeam. Nancy and I had such a wonderful time driving the Great Ocean Road in your Series II. Our experience was the opposite of Vance Joy in his Play with Fire video showcasing your Series II (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGxT7A4LLz8). We felt the romance with beautiful scenery around every bend, the thrill as we drove the twisty roads and the pride of knowing the true meaning of friendship. I had similar emotions when Ian Spencer loaned me his Harrington Alpine for Invasion IV. Pleasing thoughts abound when I think back on all the Sunbeam owners that have extended a gracious invite to conversation about a Sunbeam. Most often the only link between us is a Sunbeam in our lives now or in the past. I enjoy boasting to Sunbeam and vintage car owners about a fellow Washington State Sunbeam Alpine owner, Dick Sanders, that drives his Sunbeam to every event. He carries the necessary tools and personal dedication to experience the true retro-road trip in an Alpine. Often taking back roads to get to his destination. Ahhh the pleasure of the Sunbeam and all the past, current, and future owners.