• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Great shot of Sunbeam in a movie

gordonra

Donation Time
Here is one I hadn't heard of before... While finding this movie online helping my brother in Japan, I started watching... much to my surprise a Sunbeam Tiger...

The image was captured at 19:22
http://crackle.com/c/Bunny_Lake_Is_Missing/Bunny_Lake_is_Missing/2470787
Bunny Lake is Missing 1:47

Bunny Lake Is Missing is a 1965 psychological thriller directed and produced by Otto Preminger, who filmed it in black and white widescreen format in London.

Last edited:

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is one I hadn't heard of before... While finding this movie online helping my brother in Japan, I started watching... much to my surprise a Sunbeam Tiger...

The image was captured at 19:22
http://crackle.com/c/Bunny_Lake_Is_Missing/Bunny_Lake_is_Missing/2470787
Bunny Lake is Missing 1:47

Bunny Lake Is Missing is a 1965 psychological thriller directed and produced by Otto Preminger, who filmed it in black and white widescreen format in London.

You're late to the party on that one, Gordon!

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12650

;)

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have the film on my hard drive, but I just tried watching it at the link you provided and it plays fine there.

chrisheadrick

Donation Time
I suppose the featured appearance of an Alpine in Jacques Tati's 70mm masterpiece "Playtime" is old news? See an Alpine in color! In 70mm!

It's a black alpine with red interior, driven by a woman. It's stuck in traffic in the turnaround near the end of the film, when Tati makes a large-scale visual joke that the turnaround is a giant merry-go-round.

The Alpine gets a few nice shots because the female driver is Tati's wife at the time, proud of the car he bought for her.

And he should have bought a car for her: at the time, he was openly having an affair on-set with the film's female star, who happened to be the Tati character's love interest in the film.

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Tiger at Monte Carlo

Thanks for posting this great part of history. It certainly makes the point that you would not want a horn ring in this case!

Thanks.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for posting this great part of history. It certainly makes the point that you would not want a horn ring in this case!

Thanks.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Interesting that they kept the cross-bar, though!

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I think that footage is part of "Tiger Sharpening its Claws." SS sells it on a compilation tape (DVD too?) which includes several other Rootes factory films.