• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Gold Plated Webers

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I was searching through the vintage parts section on Ebay and found some very rare Webers going by the sellers description. I don't know whether they are or not, but check out the asking price. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Weber-40-DCO3-Carburetters-x3-manifolds-Alfa-6c_W0QQitemZ380092713795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item380092713795&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
For those who dont know what an alfa 6c is they should check out how much those cars are worth.. if this set of webers is specificaly for those models i am sure they will find a buyer, though ebay AU is probably not the best spot to sell them.. i am thinking a UK or USA formal auction would be the go.

As a side note think about the manifold + 3 carbs.. a really nice pair of holbay webers + manifold will run you close on $AU2500 sorted.. thats for an alpine. Pre ar webers are worth a mint.

64beam

Donation Time
For those who dont know what an alfa 6c is they should check out how much those cars are worth.. if this set of webers is specificaly for those models i am sure they will find a buyer, though ebay AU is probably not the best spot to sell them.. i am thinking a UK or USA formal auction would be the go.

As a side note think about the manifold + 3 carbs.. a really nice pair of holbay webers + manifold will run you close on $AU2500 sorted.. thats for an alpine. Pre ar webers are worth a mint.

I see what you mean :eek: . When you see what the cars are going for, you understand why the carburettors are AU$11,000. I agree, Ebay is not the best place to sell them.

Regards, Robin.