• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

front suspension diagram

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Does somebody out there know where I can obtain a blowup diagram of the 67 series V front suspension? I have pulled it apart to restore it and want to make sure I don't miss anything in reassembly. Thanks, Kevin

mikephillips

Donation Time
If you can find a parts book you can see a breakdown of all the bits with a drawing. I don't have a scanner so I can't put one up. You should also look for a series IV since it's the same. In fact a Tiger photo would work as well since other that the steering rack the assembly of the A arms is the same as well.

dmich2

Donation Time
Here goes nothing.....:rolleyes: Hope this works.

scan0001.gif

Dennis

Jim E

Donation Time
Seem to recall from building the SV front end there is a front and back to the A arm shafts.... maybe? The thing I do recall is you have to have suports for the A arms when you press the bushings out and in or you will bend the heck out of them. I ended up making some pieces out of tubing.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Yes the pins do have a fron and back, the cutouts for the retaining bolts are not the same distance from each end. I don't recall though if the longer end is towards the front or back.

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the responses! It's great to know there's such teamwork in the alpine community. Tomorrow, it goes back together!!:D
Kevin