• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ford Mustang II Clutch Kit

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
clutch assembly

Mike, any particular thoughts about rebuilt units vs. new.. have you used this Co. before?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
No thoughts. I just noticed it. I managed to find two used clutches and a new clutch disk. I also found yesterday while searching Advance Auto Parts, that even though they did not list a clutch kit for the Mustang 2.8, that when I clicked on pressure plate it showed the Centerforce I clutch kit. I have for several years run a Centerforce clutch in a 65 289 Mustang with B/W T-10 4-speed and have been very happy with it. The way the Centerforce clutch is constructed it takes less pedal effort to operate the clutch yet clamps with greater pressure than the stock unit. It also employs counter weights that increase the pressure as rpm increases. The part number is CF360031. Priced at about $250 it is a bit more expensive than most replacements. I guess I should also note that I have no affiliation with the seller on ebay.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Unfortunately, according to Centerforce, the part# mentioned in my prior post has been discontinued. :mad: