• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay wheels

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I have been looking at those too and wondering the same thing. Perhaps someone in the area could go by and do a test fit? It would be nice to have alternatives since >13" wheels with the correct offset are so hard to come by.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Guys,

If my math and guess about rim thickness is any where close, then the +20 will have about 4.75 inches of backspace and the +30 would be about 5.1 inches. I think that will be too much to the inside on a 15 inch rim. The rim edge and end of the upper a-arm are at the same height. I not sure about the fit in the rear.

YMMV,

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks. Isn't about 4" the right amount? If so, would they fit perfectly with 3/4" spacers?

dmich2

Donation Time
I took particular interest in wheels at the Invasion, i.e., size. Sweet-Pea has 14" and most others had 13". I did notice a Tiger one day, I think it had the flames. He had 15" wheels, but very low profile tires. 50 series, I think. I know I have issues with rubbing, but not as much since I replaced the 215x60's with 195's.

My 2 cents.

Dennis

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dennis,

Seeing this thread reminded me about your wheels. One day when I was at the shop getting an inspection IIRC, I happened to notice a car in another bay with wheels that match your Alpine's wheels perfectly. Even had all the center caps. The center caps are a smooth plate with no holes and did not have a logo on them which I thought was interesting.

Oh, you want to know what kind of car? :rolleyes:

1988 T-bird with 5.0 and auto.

EdSua

Donation Time
I bought the Rota RB's 15x7 with the 30mm offset but they rub the front upper A arm and the rear inner fender. I am going to get some spacers to compensate.
The 20mm offset wheels are not made according to the distributor. They tell me that the Ebay add for the Alfa 20mm offset was in error.
The wheels are very well made and look very good. I think they will be worth it after I solve the proper shim sizes.
I will report later on the shim thicknesses and tire sizes.
Ed

V_Mad

Donation Time
I have some 15x6 Revolution RFX wheels fitted. These have about 30mm offset, and fit quite well. I think if they were 7 inch wheels they would touch the front upper wishbone.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Wheels

I too have been looking at wheels for about a year now. I am currently running TRX wheels off a mid-80's Mustang. They are metric but are approx 15.25" in diameter and 6" wide. Even taking into account the fact that Rootes never made 2 cars exactly alike, I don't think anyone on this forum would be happy with a 7" wide wheel on the front end, regardless of the offset, unless you are willing to flare the fenders or have the tires protrude outside the body swap buggy style (illegal in some states). My 6" wheels and tires pretty much fill the available space, and have minimal clearance with the A arm on the inside. I also talked with Dale A in California (he is a Panasport dealer along with his other endeavors) and he told me that with proper offsets, 6" wide on the front and 7" wide on the back are the max without flares.
I am leaning towards a set of 15" x 6" Superlite Wheels from Pack Racing. Does anybody have any experience with them?

bashby

Donation Time
Panasport 15x7

According to Michelle at Paul Spruell Motors, Panasport makes a 15x7 wheel (FZ) (108mm) in a 15mm and 20mm offset. Michelle has also stated tha they also make an FS in a 15x6 in a 22mm and a 15x7 in a 20mm (108mm-4.25 also).

Since I too am looking for what wheels to put on my Alpine (Minilite also makes a 15x6.5 with the "correct offset" (do not know yet what it is).
I would like to put 205/55-15's all around. Since I am changing the rear diff to a Ford 8" I can make it the width I need to clear. Looks like the fronts dictate the size (wanting all 4 the same so I can rotate).

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
According to Michelle at Paul Spruell Motors, Panasport makes a 15x7 wheel (FZ) (108mm) in a 15mm and 20mm offset. Michelle has also stated tha they also make an FS in a 15x6 in a 22mm and a 15x7 in a 20mm (108mm-4.25 also).

Since I too am looking for what wheels to put on my Alpine (Minilite also makes a 15x6.5 with the "correct offset" (do not know yet what it is).
I would like to put 205/55-15's all around. Since I am changing the rear diff to a Ford 8" I can make it the width I need to clear. Looks like the fronts dictate the size (wanting all 4 the same so I can rotate).

You will have a hard time stuffing a 205/55 15 under the front of your Alpine. I had to trim the front valence just running a set of 195/50 15's. They will stick out pretty far too, because the 195/50's stuck out by about .75".

Jose :)

Jim E

Donation Time
What I really want is a set of 16s, like Blue Oval has on his Tiger! Woo Hoo now that is the buisness!

bluoval

Donation Time
its all in the set back

hi all you can put just about anything on as far as wheels go by adjusting the amount uf dish dale figured this a wile back and is selling the panasports thanks earl blu oval