• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

EBAY trash!

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Looks like another V6 Alpine that never got finished?
Now, now, Jan. I have never seen an abandoned V6 project yet, and neither have you.:D I have several customers that have taken more than 6 or 7 years since they bought the kit and haven't finished it yet, but they will not sell their kits for any price. I have tried to buy back some of them, when there was a big demand for them, but they won't sell. I have heard of some guys taking more time than that restoring their stock Alpines, so I guess they are in the same league. Besides, I recommend to my customers to buy the very best Restored Alpine they can afford, to do a conversion on. This unfortunate Alpine has been neglected for too long and Mother Nature has put it to sleep permanently.:)

Jose :)

P.S. I should qualify what I just said, by saying no Ford 2.8 V6 conversion has been abandoned.

Jim E

Donation Time
Seen it also, big Buick V6 no steering. Car is junk. This guy did have paul Newmans GT6 at one point also a rust bucket but had race history

howard

Donation Time
My thinking is if you have to cut down a tree or hack a bush in order to move the car... forget it!

64beam

Donation Time
Put it out of its misery and send it to the scrap yard. I wish people would stop putting this sort of stuff on Ebay, but unfortunately it will not stop in a hurry.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
This car is overpriced as a parts car and since it hasn't sold the past 3-4 times it was on auction it probably won't this time either. But it deserves much more than to be sent to the crusher because it still has A LOT of bits still on it. When I see a car like this I look past what is missing and look at what is left to get. Believe me, I could come up with quite a pile of parts, though, when I completely strip a car there's so little left of the carcass even the vultures wouldn't be interested.

Let's all remember that there is a finite number of these cars still left and a mere fraction of the number originally produced. There will soon come a time when decent spares will become harder to find than they are now and I can only wish I could go back 25 years and reclaim the cars & parts I crushed then. Who would have imagined what a radio or clock or late hardtop would fetch in 2007? NOS? I remember going to Tiger Tom in 1983 and buying a new-in-the-box interior mirror for my Series V and it was $10. He had a case of 'em.

When I see a car like this (or even the motley Series II also on eBay right now) I get a little sad. Not just for it's condition but more so for it's fate because it's most likely going to go for scrap and all that treasure is going to be lost forever. Might I ask that we not be quite so quick to support burying another one - at least not without donating it's organs? Hey, I would take this car in a heartbeat if the price was realistic and it wasn't so far away. I currently have 8 cars in various states of condition but will ALWAYS make room for an orphan.

Mark ..... volvoguys

65beam

Donation Time
e bay trash

well said mark! i recently bought a series 5 that was many times worse than this car.the kid pulled an arnold as he said because he pulled the passenger seat out due to the rust. but we now have another motor ,trans and drive line along with many other parts. when i took the remains to the scrap yard ,it weighed around 600 pounds. over the years i have stripped many cars and as a result i don't worry about major repairs .remember that the last car was built 40 years ago .