• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ebay Husky

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Has anyone out there seen ths Husky on Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0388625502&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

It appears to be a gorgeous, low-mile car. However, I'm a little skittish of it at the moment. I e-mailed the owner and, after complimenting him on the car, I asked a couple of questions, one of which was regarding the condition of the body as far as rust is concerned. I got my reply back and he answered my questions with the notable exception of the rust question. I don't know if he just forgot about it or if it was intentional, but he absolutely side-stepped the issue of the presence of rust. Judging by the part of the country the car is from, I would think that it would be pretty reasonable to find some rot on the body. I didn't let him get away with his "non-answer..." I e-mailed him back straight away and asked him in a little more pointed fashion about the condition of the body. I'll be interested to see what I get back.

Does anyone here know this car?

Thanks,

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'd press him pretty hard on the rust thing... Husky's are just as prone to rust as Alpines and I've yet to see one in really good nick. That being said, this one looks better than just about any other I've ever seen... would be worth paying the expenses of a member here to go out and give it a good look-over... after all, the auction ends on the 14th so you have a bit more time.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
If someone could go and look at it that would be great. You could send a lsit of rust prone areas and ask him to send photograps of them. This car has been on e-bay before I assume it did not sell.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The engine compartment looks pretty straight - no obvious rust on the usual areas of the inner fenders.

Is this car really Orchid Green? I didn't think that color was introduced by Rootes/Chrysler until 1967.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

Looking at the rear door, I don't know if it's the camera angle or the paint starting to bubble on the lower edge. Normally you would assume that if the seller was dismissive about answering the rust questions, there is some rust in the old girl. Even if it has, it would come up very nice once restored.

Regards, Robin.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Husky has no heater/defroster unit or blower. Also, the interior panels appear to be water damaged as well as water stains on the floor mats. I am also wondering how the back seat's bottom pan got so rusty looking.

Just a couple of quick observations.

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Hello chaps,

The Husky appears to be finished in Lime Green with a Foam White/Cloud White top, a popular combo on early 60's Rootes sedans, but not Sunbeams. These colours were also used by Rootes Australia when assembling CKD Hillman and Humber models over here.

In 1960 the heater was listed as an option, however every under bonnet shot I've seen of a UK delivered car shows the heater box and blower fan. Could have been something to do with the climate! Perhaps in the US it was determined by whether it was destined for the east or west coast?

I actually thought the Alfa Giulietta in the background looked more interesting.....................:D