• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Door catch wires

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
Does anyone know where I can get new wires that locate the door check strap on a Series V? The wires have broken on mine inside the door.
Tim R

Attachments

• P1110504.jpg
    P1110504.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 52
  • P1110505.jpg
    P1110505.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 45

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I took my Plasma Cutter and removed some "odd" pieces that no one wanted from a couple doors that were too far gone to salvage....

Send me an E-mail with your contact info. Perhaps I can get you an answer tomorrow.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
I made up some new wires from an old coat hanger, tacked the wires together where they touched and it seems to work fine! I replaced the rivets with stainless nuts and bolts (so I can easily change it next time if the coat hanger isn't up to the job). Thanks DanR for the offer but I don't think I need any other bits now.
Tim R

Attachments

• P1110519.jpg
    P1110519.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1110529.jpg
    P1110529.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 41
  • P1110527.jpg
    P1110527.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 40