• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dig this one out

howard

Donation Time
Well at least he's offering it for sale. So many cars get in this condition and are not for sale. "Oh, I'm going to restore it some day..." This way at least the parts are available for restoration.

L

Lee DeRamus saoca0404

I saw 2 Alpines in England with this type of headlight rims on them. I know it isn't corect, but, in my opinion, it did look good.
Lee

Nickodell

Donation Time
Looks like the Rapier IIIA we owned right up to the day before we emigrated. Needed wheels after I gave the company car back, and the Rapier was it for 4 months. Loved that car, even if it could be beaten off the mark by the local delivery van. As has been bemoaned by so many British car owners, "if only it had had an extra 500ccs."

lemansvk

Donation Time
As well as the Rapier, these are used on Singer Gazelles of about the IIIA - IIIC (1960/63) era (and in Australia the IIIC Hillman Australian DeLuxe (ADL). But the prime trim part on Gazelles/ADLs is the large rear number plate surround, which Rapier owners are always looking for. I advertised an ADL on Ebay 2 years ago and a Rapier owner rang me, prepared to buy the whole car just to get the trim; unfortunately for him someone else clicked the 'buy it now' price while he was on the phone :)

Vic

I saw 2 Alpines in England with this type of headlight rims on them. I know it isn't corect, but, in my opinion, it did look good.
Lee

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Dig this one out.

"It is not operational or street legal"......this guy is in line for the Understatement Of The Year Award. Seriously, the glass alone is worth the starting price and the bumper looks OK. Pity the car is not in UK.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Can you "dig" it?

Actually, if we locate a few of these like this one, we can do a "Beamhenge" at the Invasion. Get someone to declare it as "Art" and donate it to the hosting city...:D