• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Day later and sunny weather!

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all:
Susan and I stayed over until Monday and the bright sunny weather we had been hoping for finally arrived. Sunday was partly sunny and very pleasant and we had a super day of driving down south of LaCrosse. On Sunday afternoon we found a bunch of scenic, winding roads with names like Ramrod Coulee Road, Spring Coulee Road, etc. We saw lots of turkeys and other wildlife along with Amish couples in the buggies. What beautiful countryside there is over there! We stopped for a visit with Tom & Pam Jeffers at there idyllic home and sampled some of Tom's home made dandelion wine. Very good! Eventually we found ourselves crossing the Mississippi to Lansing, Iowa, then followed the river road north to LaCrosse. From there we went to Onalaska and had dinner with my cousin. What a nice, memorable day. Monday's weather was even better for our trip back to sunny South Dakota. I'm sorry all the Invasion folks did not have an opportunity to experience the same beautiful weather that we did.

I'm was very happy to re-connect again with all my Sunbeam friends. Thanks for sharing your time and stories.:)

Now it is time to consider the purchase of another project car for a V6 conversion. Hmmmm