• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Day 3

dmich2

Donation Time
Well another Invasion is almost in the books. It's been a fantastic event and all the thanks to Eric and all of the others that made this possible. I'm sure none of us attendees can truly grasp the amount of time and effort they put into organizing our activities.

Today we all left early and traveled to Lake Lure. From what I'm told, "Dirty Dancing" and "Last of the Mohicans" were shot there. The scenery was awesome. I sent Andrew some shots, so hopefully they will give you some idea of the views. A great turnout of Sunbeams, Tigers and others. I sure missed some of my old friends, but I also must say I met some fantastic folks and made new friends. These events enable any Alpine lover a great oppurtunity to network and compare stories, but what I always come away with, is answers to problems that have had me pulling my hair out. Lunch was BBQ, NC style (what else) and was very good. Some of the group took a 1 hour boat ride around Lake Lure and said it was great, except for Bob B who fell asleep on the boat....:D

I really can't say enough about how enjoyable this Invasion are. I know all of you who have attended paast Invasions and were unable to make it know what I'm saying. And those of you who have never attended, do yourself a big favor and try to make the one in 2011. Even if you're afraid to drive your Alpine, come in the family car. You'll be warmly welcomed and met some great folks.

Well I'm heading to the banquet. Take care all. I can't write enough about the last three days. I hope everyone sends photos to Andrew. That's what people want to see on the site. See you on the forum.

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Alpine owner and clubmember Sam Maw is co-owner of The Beacon Drive-In
http://www.beacondrivein.com/ That was a great lunch that Sam served to us last Saturday at the Invasion car show! For the record, I love mustard base BBQ sauce.
The Beacon is located in Spartenburg, SC and we are talking about driving a lot of Sunbeams up there for some lunch soon.
Thanks for everything you did for us at the Invasion Sam! Eric