• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Day 2

dmich2

Donation Time
In a word... WOW! I had a ball today. Along with about a dozen others. George did a great job on the route we traveled. The drive up to Mt Mitchell had turns and I mean TURNS. Trying to keep up was all I could do! Switchbacks are a blast, The 13" steering wheel gave my forearms a real workout. I've never driven on roads I had to downshift, brake, and sometimes slideeeeee around corners. NEAT. It was quite the driving experience. Sunbeams were built for this and they proved it today. The views were tremendous. I'm going to send some pictures to Andrew to see if he will post them. It may not work as the wi-fi is wayyy slow. But I'll try. We all made it to the top except for one person who broke down early, but I wasn't sure who that was, sorry. They were behind me. Got to the top and looked at the great views, then had lunch on the mountain. Had the top down, sun in my face, wind in my hair. It was a day I'll always remember. Thanks again George for a great run. Came back to the hotel and had a few tech sessions. Jose and Jim did a V6 talk. Dwain chimed in and they used Sweet Pea as the prop. She was so proud of herself. (me too :eek:) I let Steve Kirk drive her to dinner tonight..I had too many and we had good old Britsh fare at a local pub. Fish n chips and a stout. Our waitresss had more ink than Jesse James. Beautiful weather today, but I guess I spoke too soon about a nice weekend. Could be rain tomorrow afternoon and Sunday morning. Sweet Pea isn't into slippery when wet, at all. We head over to Lake Lure tomorrow. Looking forward to another great day.

Til then, cya.

Dennis

coolcat

Donation Time
In Jolly Old England

Sorry I could not make it this time .Just think how much more beer there will be for every one else. Having a great time over here but miss you guys. Regards Ed Esslinger:)

dmich2

Donation Time
Ed old friend. Great to hear from you. So how is Jolly Old England? Hope you're having a few pints and thinking of us. I certainly wish you were here as I always have electrical questions I need to bounce off you. Maybe we'll see you at Invasion 11.

Dennis

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Ed!
Bill and Gloria E. told us that you were visiting England. Are you attending the WWII Glider Pilots reunion?
We missed you and hope to see you in Maine this Fall. Eric+Bonnie

coolcat

Donation Time
Hey Ed!
Bill and Gloria E. told us that you were visiting England. Are you attending the WWII Glider Pilots reunion?
We missed you and hope to see you in Maine this Fall. Eric+Bonnie

The Glider Pilots reunion has been cancled due to the lack of beer after I was here a few days!! Just got back from the Motor Museum in Beaulieu, Only one Sunbeam Talbot and no series Alpines They Have a James Bond Display of cars but omited the first James Bond Car (Alpine Series 1) They were also out of beer. Lets be clear about this I've in the area a few days:eek: Hope to see you guys soon. Tell Bill and Gloria hi for me. Ed

mikephillips

Donation Time
Good to hear from you Ed, your being missing was noted. Hope you and I can both attend United and Invasion 2011. Have a great time over there.