• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

cylinder heads

brian

Donation Time
Does anybody out there know of a manufacturer who produces high performance heads for a 2.8 litre ford V6 ? I am tired of bending valves. I have searched the web with no luck thus far. Any leads would be muchly appreciated. Cheers !

Jim E

Donation Time
World Products makes an aftermarket head for the 2.9 because they are so bad to crack, but that head will not fit. Have heard there was a small run of alloy heads made for the 2.8 but have never seen them and my guess is they are imposible to lay hands on.

What is your engine set up? you running the forged high compression pistons or the 2.9 crank? what cam grind and valve springs? is the block decked for zero? Seems odd the valves are bending.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Brian,

I can't understand why you are bending valves either. How much have you milled off of the heads? Are you running pop up pistons? What is the lift on your cam? Have you decked the block? Are you running a 2.9 crank and rods? Did you clay the valves before you did the final assembly?

I have milled my heads before by .030; run a cam with .500 lift, and have never bent a valve, even when I have broken a cam gear and the valves hit the pistons hard enough to bend push rods. Please let us know exactly what you have done with your engine, so we might be able to help you.

Jose :confused: