• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crankshaft Pulley

howard

Donation Time
My engine is complete EXCEPT for the crankshaft pulley. The old one's shot. I really need to get a replacement ASAP. This is for a SIV 1600cc.

Better yet: Is there a pulley that would interchange with the old that's a current production?

RootesRacer

Donation Time
My engine is complete EXCEPT for the crankshaft pulley. The old one's shot. I really need to get a replacement ASAP. This is for a SIV 1600cc.

Better yet: Is there a pulley that would interchange with the old that's a current production?

You can put a 1725 pully one the 1600, and new ones are available for that.

Jim E

Donation Time
Do the chevy timing cover seal mod and guess what... a chevy balancer fits the crank. They you just have to figure out the pulley deal

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Be careful swapping the torsionial damper on any engine. That thing should be "tuned" (designed & manufactured) to a particular engine. What bothers me is the all aluminum damper sold by our firend in Holland. It is not the same weight & inertial characteristics as the original, and it will "act" differently. The very hard thing about oberserving that torsional system dynamically (damper, crankshaft, flywheel, and so on all interacting) it requires some expensive & unobtainable test equipment. So, whatever, I guess. Play it safe and use a good used damper?
FYI - I just had a custom (a real torsionial damper and not an absorber; There's a big difference between the two) "Super Damper" damper made by ATI, for $400. It was a custom machined hub, and their superdamper bolts to the hub.
Jan

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor

I have a couple of old ones lying around the garage. You can have one for the cost of postage and your undying gratitude. :D

As I recall, they are the type with a cut out center (look kind of like an alloy wheel) and are somewhat rusty, but I’d make certain that the keyways were solid and the hubs weren’t cracked before sending anything out. Send me a PM if you want it and we'll work out the details.