• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Combined club Invasion

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Just my two cents, but it seems with both clubs having their annual Invasion and United in Tennessee and less than a week apart in October, that maybe their could have been some planning for a combined Sunbeam national event.

Regards,

Jack

65beam

Donation Time
combined

there are people that are members of both clubs, so there will be choices to be made. the wife and i attended our first united at williamsburg many years ago and have not missed one since. we will attend the united and then spend the next four days somewhere in the area until we head to the invasion. the united, with a couple exceptions, is usually held around columbus day weekend in october. when the date for the invasion came out i mentioned it to the wife and she said that she hoped the two were not the same weekend. it worked out good for us that we can go to both events. is there a lack of communication between the two clubs? maybe there should be some communication.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I wish there were more communications between the USA Rootes Clubs! SUNI every 5 years is the only event bringing clubs together but with that event being held so far away from the East coast every time (except for the Madison, Wisconsin event) not many get to participate and input from other clubs does not seem to be welcomed. I guess us members on this side of the country need to all talk and do a joint event. That would include the Hillman Club, Imp Owners, SAOCA, and TE/AE.
How about Hendersonville, North Carolina? Eric

mikephillips

Donation Time
My choice this year looks to be not attending either event. That's my fall release weekends and I'll probably be working..

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm pretty sure on the Invasion, but thought the United was in Reno in June. :)

Is there a link with different info on the United?

65beam

Donation Time
combined

allan,
you're thinking about the tigers united which is the west coast tiger clubs. it will be in reno. the te/ae united is in the pigeon forge ,tn area october 4 thru oct 7. the invasion is the following weekend 175 miles away in nashville.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Denise and I will make the Invasion but not the United. I'm hoping she learns to drive her Alpine by then!!!!

Cheers,

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Yes, a little unfortunate the 2 events are so close in time and location. Although, it sounds like it may be an advantage to some people who can do both.

There has not been much, or any, communication between the clubs, but I am hoping can try to reach out when making future plans.

It's good to hear people are planning on attending the Invasion. I really think it will be a good time. I know I'm looking forward to seeing our Sunbeams invade the NBCC car show.

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd,
I am with you, hpefullly we get some communications going between the two.
I always thought that the "Rootes world" is just too small to break it up in pieces. You need a certain mass to be able to do things. And between all Rootes cars there is so much commonality.
I hope to be part of both events, but alas not with a Sunbeam, but VW Eurovan. My wife refuses to drive such a distance in an old car.

I better get my Venezia on the road, next year is its 50th anniversary.
In 1988 (25th) there were 28 known cars, now we know over 50, and they sure didn't make any more of them.
Robert

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Robert:

It will be great to see you again - even if you arrive in a VW! I will be there - don't know which car yet, but likely the '66 Tiger.

I agree with Todd and you - better communication between the 2 clubs could/should enhance things for everyone.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Barb and I will be in Chattanooga from the 27th to the 4th with another car club. We gave some consideration to dropping in to the United for a day or so, but registration of $225 sort of changed our minds. Plus, who the hell wants to contend with the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge traffic? I swore off on that headache 25 years ago. My introduction to the Tail of the Dragon was an attempt to avoid that tourist trap.

We will probably come home, then drive back to Nashville. Staying in the area until the end of the Invasion would make for a long time away.

Bill

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The deadline for a lower cost registration has passed for the TE/AE United this October but you have until September 1st to register for the Invasion at a lower cost. Can't make both events? Try to make it to one or the other as these are the only large Sunbeam events on the East Coast this year! Your car does not run or it is too far to drive it there? Come anyway and meet some great people.
Eric

65beam

Donation Time
invasion

eric,
i'm exercising my arms for the drive thru the mountains with the 69. remember the hitch for the car!