• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Carb Oil Usage

Greg D.

Donation Time
Guys, I am trying to figure out if I have an issue or not.

It seems that after driving at highway speeds for a few hundred miles the carbs are low on oil and it starts to run rough. When I top them off it settles down again. I have put on about 1300 miles so far in the last few months and only started noticing it when running at sustained high speeds of 70 mph or more.

I just finished the restoration back in the early summer and this is my first Alpine so I don't know if this is normal or not.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Greg D.

65beam

Donation Time
oil

Go to the Tigers East / Alpines East site and click on the Tech Tips. Click on Service Bulletins and scroll down. Rootes recognized the problem when the cars were being built and the fix is there. If the repair hasn't been done the use of the oil is normal.