• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bellhousing

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
To be honest Dennis, it doesn't look like any bellhousing I've ever seen. I seriously doubt it is even from a Capri. The Capri bellhousings were made of cast iron and this bellhousing looks like it is made of aluminum. Either way, the Capri bellhousing, clutch, pressure plate, starter and transmission, are not recommended for the swap. The transmission is weaker than the T5, will not shift like a T5. They all have lots of miles and the shift rods and grommets are all worn out. The starter is a Bosch unit that costs about three times what a Mustang II starter will.

The only bolt on conversion for the T5 to the 2.8 V6, is with the Mustang II bellhousing.

Jose:)

birdfan56

Platinum Level Sponsor
another bellhousing question

Will the bellhousing from a Mustang II with a v8 and 4speed work or does it have to be one from a v6? Thanks, Kevin

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Capri Bell Housing

I'd be glad to check it against the one I took out of my car except I'd need to take SCUBA lessons, buy a wetsuit, and a breathing apparatus, get Bob Ballard to scan the lake bottom.....:rolleyes:

Love my T5....

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
When you're looking for one ask for measurements between the two top bolt holes on the flywheel end. Should be 3 1/2".