• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

And The Winner Is......

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
The moment you've been waiting for - after receiving numerous hilarious captions for our impromptu photo contest, the winner is SAM MAW of South Carolina. Sam, please visit our t-shirt shop (found on the home page), choose your shirt, and let Rich Vose know your size and your address.
Rich will have it sent directly to your home.

Sam contributed a number of laugh out loud captions, the favorites being
"tractor beam", "two point doe", "undressed at any speed" and "inflatable party dolls". It wasn't the quantity that made Sam the winner but the quality!

Close seconds were:

Nick / Series 6 for "Spirit of Ecstasy"
Paul Scofield - "are you sure I can't talk you into staying?"
Jon Pinz - "anything I can do to convince you to stay home? "
Ken Ellis - "but it was growing on him"

This was fun guys, and proved to me we need to do this again. So keep a sharp eye out for another photo caption contest soon. We may have to blow one of these photos up and put it on a flip chart during the Invasion and ask for submissions.

If you missed it and would like to see what this is all about, visit this link:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7876

Thanks to everyone who played along! :D

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Thank You!!

Thank you very much. That was a fun contest. I will proudly wear the T-shirt, everyday, I swear.

I'll leave this topic with one more...

Although it was a beautiful feature when it was new, this bonnet ornament was highly susceptible to hail damage, which looks just like cellulite. Also it was determined that UV expoure would cause reddening and eventual wrinkling of the "skin." Unfortuneatly, because of this, no pristine , factory fresh examples, as pictured, have survived.