• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine TV interview

John Boggis

Donation Time
Was not sure where to post this but I thought you guys might find this interesting. Last Monday I took the Alpine with my other half, Claire, to one of the countrys major classic car shows at Blenheim Palace. As the Rootes group had a stand at the event, there were quite a few Alpines, Tigers, Rapiers etc there. We entered the Alpine in 2 categories, coming first in one and second in the other.
After finishing the judging a local camera crew interviewed Claire as she drove from the parade ring. If you go to www.witneytv.co.uk Click on archives then click on Andrew Greenwood Blenheim Palace show.... approx 6mins into the film you can see the interview.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
John,
Thank you. Very nice Alpine.
I have yet to see an original Balmoral Grey Alpine.
Jan

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Nice! I can't believe how much time they gave you. In the US, you usually only get about 10 seconds to blurt something out in an interview.

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very nice John! What a treat to watch the video and hear the interview.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow. What a great interview. Very cool. Thanks for posting and sharing that John. :)

chard

Donation Time
A good show, I missed it this year but attended in 2009 and met up with a Tiger owner who had been a former owner of my Alpine (small world)

Are you going to Coventry tommorow for the Godiva run?

TulsaAlpine

Donation Time
Wonderful Interview!

Thanks for sharing that was just so awesome! Since I own a 64 GT and so many things Claire said about the car are so very true! Mine is pieced together resorted with the body and engine being original and every modification needed to get it back on the road. It was nice to see so many Sunbeams, most I have ever seen in the same place was at our Invasions.

Donna
:D

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Nice, what a great way to validate your Beam. The icing on the cake was gietting the Mrs on film too.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Very nice John.

I liked the red Tiger with the stuffed tiger on the roof too.