• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine on Craig List

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Found this on Craig List. Car is in Greenville Texas. 903 455 2125. The owner wants $1500.00. I have no interest at this price as I consider this a parts car and it is not worth my time to bring home and strip for spares.

Attachments

• old cars 137.jpg
    old cars 137.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 101

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Steve,

Here's a search for you....

You need to be looking for an SI or SII Alpine race car in Dallas. There was a father and son, Rootes dealers I think, who raced an Alpine in the Southwest. They were very successful. They did so well they won the E-production Division Championship in 1963 (note, that was E-production... not F-production. Who said the Alpine couldn't run with the Porsches?) Quite an accomplishment.

Anyway, it would be a neat find.

Steve

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve Kirk - I wonder if Kip over at Kip Motor Company would have any leads on early Series Alpine race cars? You would think he'd be pretty familiar with local junkyards and derelict cars tucked behind barns and under tarps in the area.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Steve, the Chevrolet Dealer in Arlington has a garage full of every year car he has sold for many years, "Vander......." they may also know something, or ar least who the Rootes Dealer was in the '60s. Just my 2 cents worth.
Bob:D

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The Local Rootes Dealer in Dallas was Precision motors located in downtown Dallas. They sold my series 5 new and appeared to be the only dealer in Dallas accoring to an old dealer listing. Looking at the building now on this site I woulds say it was built late 60's early 70's. There is currently no dealership in Dallas named precision motors. There was also a dealership in Fort Worth.

Scott, I could try asking Kip Motors if they know of any early series racing Alpines located in Dallas. I thinlk there is still a lot of Alpine to be found in this state. I have found three recently which have asdly been left outside for too long and are not worth what the owners are asking for them.

Steve do you have any more information such as names or pictures of the cars?

Bob, I am familar with Vandergriff Motors in Arlington. Are you saying he has a garage full of old cars?

Steve

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Steve
The the trim ---Alpine--- along the side, if original and not painted on, it could be a "V8" badged Alpine, an early Tiger (round edged SIV body).
Andy

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The name was Ed and Norm Lamb. They may have just had a small sports car shop or dealership not totally connected with Rootes.

I wish I could find images. All I have ever found are records of there racing and an advertisement listing the car for sale.

Steve