• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alaska Highway Sighting

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
So, a close friend of mine is taking on a journey from Central Florida to the Arctic Circle in Alaska - via a VW Bus. He spotted this on the Alaskan Highway, the lead car of several like cars.

Can any of you sharp eyed members identify it?

355078310_7Alaskan Highway.jpg

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
It’s a 1924/25 Bentley “Speed Model”… chassis # 940, with a 3-liter motor and body by Vanden Plas, to be exact. It was discovered languishing in the basement of a motorcar dealer after WWII, and now lives in Australia.

Everything you wanted to know about it…

Howzat? ;)

Last edited:

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
It’s a 1924/25 Bentley “Speed Model”… chassis # 940, with a 3-liter motor and body by Vanden Plas, to be exact. It was discovered languishing in the basement of a motorcar dealer after WWII, and now lives in Australia.

Howzat? ;)

BRAVO!

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor

Howzat? ;)

Next question, what in the heck is it doing on the Alaska Highway?

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pictures added if the edits were allowed by Admin I could have added them from my other device without double posting...
What you are seeing is a vinyl cling that's available.

Attachments

• IMG_20230507_150612_01.jpg
    IMG_20230507_150612_01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230515_120746_01.jpg
    IMG_20230515_120746_01.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 16