• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Aftermarket gauges

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Posted this in Stock but didn't get any response. Any help would be appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new set of Dolphin gauges. The small (2 1/16) gauges will fit into the dash cutouts perfectly, but the tach and speedo are 3 3/8, too small for the 3 7/8 dash cutouts. Does anyone make some kind of bezel adapter for these?

jwjseries1

Donation Time
Were you successful in fitting these guages? Do you have any pictures? What are others running in their conversions?

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Posted this in Stock but didn't get any response. Any help would be appreciated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new set of Dolphin gauges. The small (2 1/16) gauges will fit into the dash cutouts perfectly, but the tach and speedo are 3 3/8, too small for the 3 7/8 dash cutouts. Does anyone make some kind of bezel adapter for these?
Hi Sam,

You should be able to get a local machine shop make you up a pair, to adapt the smaller gauges to the larger hooles..

Jose

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Were you successful in fitting these guages? Do you have any pictures? What are others running in their conversions?

The VDO "Vision" line of gauges has 4" speedos and tachs. They are a tight fit in the dash openings. The dash openings need to opened up only a few thousands and is very easy to do. As far as can be determined, these are the only aftermarket gauges offered in this size.

Bill

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Found some bezels on eBay that worked perfectly. Jose's idea probably would have been cheaper, though.

Jim E

Donation Time
Guy made me wood adaptor rings for my car, goes pretty good with the wood dash. For a plastic dash car you could just panit the wood.

daniel luna

Donation Time
dolphin gages

I used the old metal casing from the original gages
and cut parts of the back to get access for wires.
and put the new ones inside the casing
Used chrome rings from the metal casing to lock the gages in place
They Actually worked very nice and look like original set up.

Dan N Luna :cool:

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I used the Dolphin Gauges in my car. I took the gauges and dash to my machinist and had him machine me some custom rings. Looks great.