• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

a word of caution

miket

Donation Time
Gents,

Somewhere along the way, Rootes decided to use a plastic fuel line in the SV. Naturally, when you do a V6 conversion, you will have the exhaust on both sides of the engine. AND , the exaust and the fuel line will be very close to each other.

I moved something last week, and they came in contact with each other. When I got home I looked under the car and saw gasoline being vaporized as it dripped onto the exhaust. Nice feeling.....

I replaced the front section with metal tube very quickly. (used 5/16 tube)

I had the feeling when I originally placed everything in the clips that using the plastic was risky. but I continued. I guess that again, it wasn't my time.

Mike