• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'A' pillar stainless trim, rivets and weatherstrip ?'s

DenJr67

Donation Time
I am prepping the A pillar drip stainless drip rails to go onto the car, they were dented and crushed from some stupid side wind deflectors clamped onto them, I have hammerd and dollied them , filed them , and wet sanded them in prep to polish. I am almost finished.

I have a question about mounting these drip rails , I have noticed 4 factory looking deburred holes spaced at 4 1/4" and 7 randomly drilled holes in both sides. The windshield frame is also swiss cheezed from the previous owners rivet attempts. At this point I am unsure of how many rivets it actually takes to hold it all together or how the weatherstrip is attatched or how it covers this area. If the area is visible I plan to tig weld up the unused holes.

Can anyone offer advice or a photo of a completed A pillar area with the weatherstip installed ?

Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Attachments

• image1 (4).jpg
    image1 (4).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 40

mikephillips

Donation Time
Four rivets and the rest are the screw holes that go through the weatherstrip. Make sure to use stainless rivets and sheet metal screws when assembling, not the original types.

65beam

Donation Time
A pillar

this is the finished product after being installed by Tiger Auto.

Attachments

• 107_1002.jpg
    107_1002.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_0567.jpg
    100_0567.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 36