• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A Good Read

Nickodell

Donation Time
Someone sent me this laast year. Amazing; and the writer was just one of thousands.

By the way, the "someone" who sent it was an old friend, named Bill Redstreak, a Choktaw Indian, who fought in Korea. The Army allowed him to enlist at 17 because he spoke the Muskogean language of the Choktaws, and they thought they might reintroduce the WWII "Indian Talkers" in Korea. Instead he ended up in the infantry, was at the Inchon landing and Frozen Chosin, was wounded three times and won a fruit salad of awards and became the youngest Sargeant Major in the Army. He was just three years older than me, at 76, and went into hospital last November for a procedure that has become fairly routine these days, an arterial stent, but succombed to the operation. Sic transit gloria.

skywords

Donation Time
That's a shame Nick I just had another two stents installed and did fine. I remember giving the doctor instructions through the whole procedure. I'm sure he followed them considering I had more opiates in me than rush hour in an opium den. I am sure his age played a role in his passing. If he survived he would have felt so much better, everything starts to work and feel better, dry skin heals up and many other ailments go away once the blood starts flowing better. It truly has been a life saver for me. When the archaeologists find my corpse 200 years from now they will find a box of springs:D

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
That's a shame Nick I just had another two stents installed and did fine. I remember giving the doctor instructions through the whole procedure. I'm sure he followed them considering I had more opiates in me than rush hour in an opium den. I am sure his age played a role in his passing. If he survived he would have felt so much better, everything starts to work and feel better, dry skin heals up and many other ailments go away once the blood starts flowing better. It truly has been a life saver for me. When the archaeologists find my corpse 200 years from now they will fine a box of springs:D

And spend endless hours conjuring up scenarios of how they were used in religious ceremonies.