• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A few more oddities...

65beam

Donation Time
oddities

the wind wings fit series 1&2 . auto world sold them for 16.95 . there is a secret to making all your idiot lights like this look new. take a close look at yours and it should be easy to figure out . the wings do make a difference .i had them on the red harrington for about twenty years . by the way ,they were sold under the name AMCO . they can still be bought from moss. the mga unit is very close to the alpine except that the mga is cut at angle on the bottom which works great if you have a door mirror . it allows them to be pushed out farther .

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just to clarify something: In my auction I wrote "probably the best original, unaltered survivor I've ever seen". Neither the lamp body nor lens has been modified, enhanced or altered in any way and is as original. So any of you are wondering if there is any cheating going on - there isn't.

Mark ..... volvoguys

gordonra

Donation Time
there is a secret to making all your idiot lights like this look new. take a close look at yours and it should be easy to figure out

Awe, come on.... how do you make them look new again? I don't want to look that hard. :)

65beam

Donation Time
oddity

i must say mark that this one is VERY NICE ! they are very hard to find in this kind of shape ,especially an original. it should command a high price.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Awe, come on.... how do you make them look new again? I don't want to look that hard. :)

Simple. You very carefully remove the chrome surround (it is *not* stainless), flip over the red insert so the inner part - which is still very red - becomes the outer part (it's double-sided) and the faded part is now on the inside. Reattach the chrome cover and you're good to go.