• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'62 Alpine 1-11 windshield rubber

SuvaSunbeam

Donation Time
Hi I'm new to Alpines, but love the car. I bought it for my wife. We have to replace the windshield, but the rubber seal is tough to find. I think a guy in Ontario sells them, but he said his are a long length that you connect together (not preformed). Is this normal? Mine looks like it doesn't have a seam anywhere.

I'm also looking for the side cantrail rails on both sides, but don't see them for sale anywhere online. suggestions?

Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
The original was a single molded part, mcgregors sell a correct profike that they buy from coh baines in the uk. You then wrap around screen and glue together.

Search coh baines in the forum for part number and contact details.

As for the detachable cantrails nobody has reproduced them or the clips to my knowledge

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
SuvaSunbeam , Suggest you place a "request" in the "Alpine cars and Parts Wanted Section.... Bet some one of our members will offer to fill your need.

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
As regards your inquiry about cantrail rails, I found some three years ago by posting on this forum. You might try contacting Jack Green, [jackagreen@outlook.com; 1 (818) 349-7053] he may have a set. If not, he may be able to put you on to someone who does. I have purchased a number of items from Jack over the past three years. He is reliable and sells quality parts, either new or refurbished. Tell him that Mike Youngblood recommended him.

Regards,

Mike

65beam

Donation Time
rubber

Doug at Tiger Auto recently worked at installing windshields for my RHD Le Mans and a friends Le Mans. Both were original, untouched units and we found that the original rubber is not a one piece unit. There is a seam at the bottom in the center where the center windshield mounting bolt is located, The rubber is cut at a 45 degree angle and glued together. We found this to be on both windshields. I had an NOS seal and we found it was the same. Reg had one of Mac Gregor's seals and Doug cut and glued it in the same manner.