• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

4V Offenhauser Intake for 2.8 V6

Mark T

Donation Time
Hi! I recently bought a 4V Offenhauser intake off eBay for my 2.6 V6. I must have read the ad 50 times before bidding but somehow missed that it was for a 2.6 V6, not a 2.8. (How stupid do I feel!) I just received the intake and it looks identical to the 2.8 intake listed on offyparts.com (6097-DP).

http://www.offyparts.com/product_in...d/145?osCsid=158ab9b3d085db9cc8cadb74e2434f9a

I can't find any part # on the intake but there are a couple of numbers cast into the bottom of it. One looks like 'S4.21.62' or '54.21.62'. The other one looks like '3509'. Does anyone know if it will fit the 2.8? Thanks!

donchiotos

Donation Time
Offy Intake Manifold Numbers

Mark, I checked the 2.8 intake I just bought for my 2.8 engine, and it has the same numbers S4.21.62.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

The easiest way to identify the 2.8 manifold, is to check the ports. If the middle one is cut at an angle at the bottom, it is for a 2.8. If the ports are all the same rectangular shape, it is for a 2.6.

I think the guy may have mislabeled the listing if it has the same numbers as the one that Don has.

Jose:)

Mark T

Donation Time
The middle ports are cut at an angle so I lucked out!!! I guess the Sunbeam gods were smiling on me. Thank you both so much for the great news! Cheers!

Mark T

Donation Time
Funny thing! I just checked the pictures of the manifold from the original eBay ad. All the ports were rectangular in the pictures in the ad, so the intake magically changed from a 2.6 to a 2.8 somewhere between the time it had it's picture taken and when it got to me... I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket!!!

Mod_Squad!

Bronze Level Sponsor
Funny thing! I just checked the pictures of the manifold from the original eBay ad. All the ports were rectangular in the pictures in the ad, so the intake magically changed from a 2.6 to a 2.8 somewhere between the time it had it's picture taken and when it got to me... I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket!!!

I bought the wrong manifold a few years back. Luckily, I was able to resell it and get the right one.
Bryan
:)

Mark T

Donation Time
That's what I thought that I would have to do, but I bought the wrong intake and then the seller sent me the wrong intake so I actually ended up with the right one! Who said that two wrongs don't make a right?