• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3 or 4 link suspension

socorob

Donation Time
Is anyone running any kind of setup in the rear of their alpine that does away with the leaf springs?

Jim E

Donation Time
I think a set of Caltracs [SP?] would be plenty, they really make a leaf spring car hook. Do not recall seeing a coil over sprung Alpine.

socorob

Donation Time
im looking more for handling improvements, not really drag racing, although less wheel hop is needed too.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
4 Link

We have both a coil over rear and a coil over front on the V8 car.
the rear is a 4 link plus a panhard rod, the front is a completely fabricated crossmember using a modified mustang rack Wilwood pro spindles and 4130 tubular a arms.
nothing that we have is off the shelf we fabricated everything, we also fabricated Series 6's 4 link rear.

socorob

Donation Time
how does it ride and handle compared to a stock alpine? Is the 4 link all parallel links, or triangulated?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
4 link

I wouldn't be able to compare it to an Alpine having never had or driven one.
as to the Tiger we had its night and day steers easy hooks up well trackes straight, have it set up pretty stiff (my choice) not to nice on the rough poop but thats the trade off.
The links are parallel by the way

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I'll confirm that I have installed Procraft's 4 link with coil overs in my project car. Be a while before this gets on the road. His work is beautiful and if you follow his simple instructions, it goes together easily. If you decide to improvise, it will take a while....... Then you do it his way. Falls right into place.

As I do mostly street and occasionally hammer it in corners and an occasional track day at near by PIR, I thought this might be an interesting way to go and I wanted something different. :eek:

As the chassis I bought had no brakes, Procraft also supplied the Wilwood front discs and 4 piston calipers. I have a link to Webshots if anyone is interested. I'll point out that my project chassis was exactly what I wanted. Already had the V6 mods done as well and stripped paint and fixed floors.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
http://rides.webshots.com/album/570295685sHljpN

Try this. I also have pictures of the steps there. If you have a problem opening it, pm me with your direct e-mail.

As far as the coil overs, I have to look up my receipts. Procraft recommended QA1's but I forget which. Will check. He uses coil overs up front. I went with QA1 shocks. I guess I can convert later, maybe.