• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3.8 V6

Mort

Donation Time
Has any one looked at doing a ford aluminum 3.8V6 fuel injected ,overdrive auto in 1967 IV ?
Be nice I just got my sunbeam looking some diffrent.

Mort

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mort,

The 3.9 V6 is a 90 degree engine and is too wide to fit the narrow Alpine engine compartment. (Given enough time and money, anything can be done though) It is wider than the Ford small block, which takes a lot of modifying of the body to get it to fit. Even though the V8 is also a 90 degree engine, it is still narrower than the 3.8 V6.

Jose

Mort

Donation Time
Hey Jose,

Just looking at 3.8V6 and 289V8 it seems to be 2'' narrower by tape measure that's not enought to make a difference ??

Mort

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mort,

I have never seen a 3.8 V6 that was narrower than the Ford SB. Even if it were narrower, the exhaust port arrangement would foul the steering arm on the driver's side. You can try to fit it, but I think you will find that it won't fit.

Jose

britbeam

Donation Time
Last year I had the 3.8 supercharged engine and measure as much as possible I couldnt see how it would fit in the Alpine. At least without doing a major butcher and mod of the front engine/compartment / suspension etc. How far is too far in modifying. The 2.8 gives more power and reliability to the best little sportscar from the UK.
Dwain Still V6 Krazy