• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3.4L GM v6

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Ken Bell was using a Buick turbocharged V6, from the GN. He sure got some power from that combo. A properly set up turbo application will make tremendous, unimaginable power.

Jose

TomKidd

Donation Time
Thanks Jose, it seems that we have drifted off of the 3.4 subject a little, but to me, the Ford 2.8 just seems so right for the Alpine.
Which cam do you suggest and how would I obtain one.
Tom

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tom,

I suggest sending your cam, lifters and rocker shafts to:

Delta Engineering

In Tacoma, Wa.

They will grind your cam to the following specs.

Intake duration: 290 degrees
Exhuast duration: 280 degrees
Lift: As close to .500 as your billet will allow.

They know me and will do it for you. They always have told me that it won´t work, but I think it is because it makes them have to change the pattern for grinding the different lobes on a dual pattern cam.

They do a great job and they are very reasonably priced.

Jose

Jim E

Donation Time
The Jose grind is killer and if you use an aftermarket cam to have it ground on it is bigger than can be put on a stock cam. I sugest if you can find a used after market cam on the cheap buy it and send it in to Delta. They should call the grind Jose as a part number