• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.9 Vs 2.8

Alpine66

Donation Time
I saw Mike H's post re internal parts that would exchange between the two engines, and it jogged my memory to find out about the 2.9.

In the somewhat near future I'm going to install either the 2.8 or 2.9, depending on what I can find (am buying an entire vehicle, rather than a few parts from here and there) .
Has anyone tried the 2.9 Ford from the later model rangers? I see a lot of discussion about the 2.8 installed in an Alpine , but little about the 2.9 .

Thoughts and comments are welcome.
James

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Main problem seems to be the availability of headers for it and perhaps the water pump clearance between fan and radiator. I haven't heard anything much about the 2.9 because of the issues that have come up regarding the 2.8 conversion kit. Custom headers would solve one problem--not sure about the other one.