• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 pistons

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
In looking around for new pistons for my rebuild I see a wide range in prices; as low as $45.00 for Clevite cast, flat tops to about $200.00 for Perfect Circle.
What is the skinny on stock replacement pistons and what is a reasonable price for good quality. I am using Hastings rings. Ready to post a picture of my S II but having difficulty. What is the procedure for that?
Thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Doug,

Since you are building a stock engine, Tha Clevite pistons are just fine. With these pistons, you could even hop it up to 200 hp. without any problems. Don´t spend any more money than you have to.

Jose:)

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jose, please excuse that paragraph about modifying the t/g cover. Not only did I get it reversed but I have found another difference which would require the early water pump. As Rosana Rosaanadana used to say,"never mind".

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
v-6 rebuild

Jose, you mentioned recently that I could easily bump my h/p to about 200. Can you tell me more specifically what I can do to go higher w/o getting into too
much performance add-ons?
I have been fortunate to find the major components needed to build from the t/g cover to the trans so it's getting a little exciting thinking about it actually going into the car.
Thanks