• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1592 crankshaft grind specs...

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Agreed, you would not do an offset grind without totally re-balancing everything. But we've gotten off Chazza's question a bit. So the real question is, if the 1592 crank is already 0.200" can Chazza put Chevy rods and bearings into his 1592, without too much rework. Most (all?) of the Chevy rod engines were done on a 1725. It might require some re-thinking to apply Chevy rods to a 1592.

But also I see that Chazza has a SI. If it has the original 1494 engine, those rod journals a smaller than 0.200" and the Chevy rods will not fit.

Tom

chazza

Donation Time
My car has been re-engined with a Singer Gazelle 1592 engine.

I have a spare 1725 cc engine in pieces but the 1592 is such fun to drive I am loathe to change it.

A very interesting thread this!

Cheers Charlie

99ZoomR

Gold Level Sponsor
My engine is now back together and holding good oil pressure with no ominous knocking noises from below. Now we have to try to get the old Zeniths rebuilt, so on a search for rebuild kits. My mechanic buddy says he wants to keep it OEM if possible, otherwise we may go the Weber route. If anybody has complete rebuild kits for Zenith WIP-3 carbs (if they still exist), just send me a PM. I've looked in numerous parts suppliers listings for complete kits (not just gaskets and spacers) with no luck so far.

Thanks again!

Len