• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

15" ROTA wheels on Ebay

pavarmy

Donation Time
Being a dunce on wheels, can someone advise me on whether the wheels on Ebay under http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250222458806&fromMakeTrack=true would be a suitable fit for my SV 1966 VIN B395001891LRX? It presently has 185 70 13 winter tires on it on, I believe, the original rims. Being in Canada I have to get it right because shipping and customs increase the price significantly.
On the other hand if someone has a good set of rims for sale I would be amenable to any negotiation.
Any advice would also be appreciated. Thanks all.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Well, it looks like the seller is a dealer for ROTA wheels, so I'd try to make contact with them and offer their 'buy it now' price (which doesn't look bad) for exactly the right thing... Give them the offset, etc., or maybe somebody here has the part number for what they have on their car. They show 5 pages of ROTA wheels on their ebay presence.

Ken

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
15" ROTA Wheels

I am not a wheel expert, but I have been told by those who should know (Dale A, etc) that 6" is about the maximum usable wheel width on the front end if you have stock body work (ie: no flares, etc) and you want the tires to stay within the body (required in some states). This is with optimum wheel offset.
So proceed with caution, or as my old shop teacher used to say, measure twice - cut (or in this case buy) once!

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
15" ROTA Wheels

There is a thread on this same subject in the modified section that you will want to read.

pavarmy

Donation Time
Thanks to all for the info on the tires. I think it tells me to use the KISS principle when looking for the rims.

pavarmy

Donation Time
Still a dunce on wheels. Question ref Panasports on Ebay

I almost thought I knew what I was doing about tires and wheels when this Ebay listing on Panasports popped out and poked me. Can anyone clue me in about the attributes and cautions etc., on these wheels with reference to going on my 66 Alpine. It may be that all is good but cost to Canada may be prohibitive.

Advise away, it is appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Pav