• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

13" tires getting harder to find....

65beam

Donation Time
13" tires

i wonder if they can make them fit on my minilites? i went to several tire stores yesterday looking for tires in 185/70R13.tire discounters stock a tire made in korea with a name that i never heard of. 175's are easier to find but are still limited as far as what brands are available.anyone else having this problem?

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I would check Coker Tire online. They'll have something. Maybe not high performance but something "period" looking.

Steve

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I like the cross tread pattern, but imagine that it will throw caps at high speed, leaving more "alligators" on the roadside.

Bill

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Tires

There is a guy here in the Portland area I met at a show,, he can make any thing that will work.. IF Cost is no object .. :p He quoted me 350 a tire.. :eek: I said " I'll get back to you" .. If you or any want his number I can get it for you. Absoultly nice looking and wearing tire I might add.
EOS
end of subject.
Chuck

Jersey Alpine

Donation Time
My SV is running Bridgestone Turanza LST 185/70/13's on Panasport rims (Minilite wannabes). Quiet for crusing at 75 mph, and good fun in the twisties, but I stay short of squealing the tires (At 6'4", the left door post would be a permanent and last impression on my forehead!) Also, I never run 'em in the rain or snow. Great all-around tire for the hills of North Jersey and Southern NY. Cost $388 installed, 4 years and 7,000+ miles ago. :)
Have fun, Vlad

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I'm running Dayton 185/70/13s on my Series IV on stock rims. They have been a real good tire. Got them from Tires Plus about 3 years ago, on sale for $149.00 for the set of 4. Fills the holes well, looks good.