• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

100 Days to Go

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Retirement ;) :D :D :p

Happy days will be here again, I will have the time to complete the SV.

Paul

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Wow ! Congrats ! Make sure your on you best behavior... so they miss you when your gone:D

I've got two and a half years to go :(

Tom j

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
Retirement is great but don't count on getting things done. I'm coming up on 4 years. My SI is in the same state as when I quit work.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
100 days? Sounds like you need a Short Timers calender. Can you imagine doing that in today's PC world? It would sure make your last 100 days interesting, perhaps even shortening it a little.

Bill

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Hillman;
I will have to watch and be sure I dont lose focus, the last work I dod on it was 4 years ago, I do not think it will let me wait any longer. ;)

Bill Blue;
Just to help me remain focused I do have a count down clock on my desk top so every day when I go to the office it makes my day when I see another day clicked off. :D

Paul

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
5 years to go here. When I was in the Army stationed in Germany, we were on a Luftwaffe base. Most of the Germans were 1 year service men and then a reserve commitment. When they reached 100 days to go, they all took a cloth sewing tape measure and put in their breast pocket with only the number of days left showing. They would clip off a day as it passed. When you passed them, they would salute and shout "Reserviste!" (or the German spelling of reservist). Kinda cool, we tried it and our First Sergeant was not amused.
You should do that...

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Congratulations, Paul. I'm already 2yrs past when I thought I'd be retired and on a sailboat crusing the Carribean. That was before I got married, now who knows when I'll be able to follow you.
Good luck.
Ron

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
Good luck Paul,

Hope to see the car on the road. Maybe we could do a car show or Invasion together

Steve

Nickodell

Donation Time
10 years this coming March, but I'm almost as busy as when I was employed, with my part-time insurance agency and writing. You have to keep busy or your brain will addle, and you'll become another "whatever happened to old what's his name?"

(And we need the money!)

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Nick,

I hope not, I have things in my mind that will keep me busy for the next few years without adding anything to the todo list, I will be busier retired than working. :)