• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. F

Lowest of the low !

Oh hey, if anyone is interested in truly funny bastardization of the English language take a look at this!!! Mainly examples from Asia, since that is where most of my work experience is from. http://www.engrish.com/ I couldn't resist. Now back to the Sunbeams! I have no idea on the...
  2. F

Lowest of the low !

Nick - I always find your posts quite amusing! But we all must remember that the TRUE origin of the words we use on a daily basis are NOT English by any sense. It becomes a question of time horizon that we wish to view. English happens to be within the Germanic branch of just one of many...
  3. F

break line suppliers

You know, you could buy straight line with fittings that work at your local autozone or Napa or... then buy the $12 bender and do it yourself. Not too hard even for a newbie like me!
  4. F

Wanted: Sheet Metal

I'm interested in some S2 floor pans as well. I wonder is it better for several folks who all need them to do some consolidated order or for each of us to have made locally on our own. I was actually bummed when I saw Jim E's note saying he wanted them. (got there about a minute after your...
  5. F

Alpine Conversions

Out of pure curiousity I've always wondered what the Honda S2000 engine set up...! Little 4cyl with ~240hp. rear wheel drive set up, and without detailed measurements looked like it might fit with a good shoehorn and elbow grease. But I'll leave these kind of projects for those better...
  6. F

Handbrake cable

Are the S3 & S2 cables the same?
  7. F

Harrington LeMans For Sale

The way exchange rates are right now it doesn't really make any difference if USD or Canadian dollars... $1=$0.999 as of today Nice looking car though!
  8. F

1967 SV Sunbeam V6 Alpine For Sale

Nice Car! Wish I was closer (I'm on the east coast) otherwise I'd consider...
  9. F

Originality: Jump seat covering

My Series 2 came with a vinyl pad with the wedgewood blue piping to match the front seat piping and paint scheme. Design was similar to front seats and under the vinyl was a thin padding. I say was, because was in the car, now in my garage since it didn't look so great.
  10. F

OD... where to start???

HAHAHA!!! very True!
  11. F

OD... where to start???

I have no idea what type I've got. To be frank, all I know is my VIN says i have one and when I've tried flipping the switch to different positions I haven't noticed any difference. How do I check which type? VIN is B9102118LRXOD so its a Dec 1960 production. Sounds like I need to check...
  12. F

Dr. No 007 - Engine photos

vacuum advance unit position - makes sense. Thanks for the answer on that. Now that I look at the pics again I'm noticing a couple of other slight differences than my engine compartment. The air filters are a different style, and the location of my brake fluid resevoir is on the wheel well...
  13. F

OD... where to start???

I have OD on my early Series 2 but haven't figured out how to use it yet. Want to start the trouble shooting now so gonna need a little guidance. I flip the switch up and down - nothing happens. First of all, which is on and off - up or down? What are the rules for turning on & off? Out...
  14. F

Dr. No 007 - Engine photos

Out of curiosity how can you tell if the distributor is out by 180 degrees?? I'm no expert just trying to learn. Engine compartment looks very similar to my early Series 2. Only differences i could see are - 1. you have script on your valve cover, the oil filter has been updated to newer...
  15. F

Rear Springs Series I or II

I just ran outside and measured mine. Pretty sure they're original - I need to replace cause I've got this "great" floating sensation as i drive down the road. LOL! Anyway, leaf spring width = 2 1/4 inches. I've got an early Series 2 with VIN B9102118 LRX OD produced around Dec 7th 1960...
  16. F

Converting rear shocks

Rob - Do you have any pics or drawings of what you did? Would really like to see it. My early Series 2 still has old, weak leaf springs that provide a "nice" soft floating feeling going down the road... Haven't decided how I'm gonna fix yet so seeing various people's solutions is quite...
  17. F

Yellow Alpine in Indian Rock video

Nice! Now we just need them to join the club to have worldwide representation!!
  18. F

master cylinder flub up??

Done!! I replaced the problematic line and bled the brakes. Very firm now! :D I also got the clutch bled out as well - well, at least I've got good pedal fell and clutch movement. Don't think I got it perfectly but its working well so that's fine with me. First time trying all this -...
  19. F

master cylinder flub up??

Neither brake nor clutch MC have been bled yet. Any special trick to bleeding the clutch or is that straight forward? The brake MC - The new seals made the piston fit very tightly so the piston wasn't coming back out to original position at a normal speed. Its starting to come back out...
  20. F

Bond Gets Smart - The Game

Simple but Fun game! You're gonna get me in trouble at work! LOL!