• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Hi guys... she is SOLD, pending payment. Thanks!
  2. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Vasili- PM sent...
  3. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

Thanks, Joe. I really will miss it... such a great little car. And... thanks for all YOUR help getting this thing to work :) I REALLY couldn't have done it with out you. I hope I can find a good home for it...
  4. seriesvince

Series IV GT V6

It's with a heavy heart that I have decided to sell my Series IV GT V6. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it anymore, and it just sits in the garage and collects dust. :( A bit of info about the car... It's a 2.8 L ford V6 with a t-5 installed using Joe's kit. The engine was...
  5. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

Thanks guys, but I think I have sourced a pair. I appreciate the responses!
  6. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

Really? I spoke with Rick at SS a few days ago and he told me they weren't being reproduced. Are we talking about the same part?
  7. seriesvince

Inside Door Pull Handle

I need a pair of these for my series IV. Does anyone have any in good condition? -Vince
  8. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Do you recommend using the same size washer and bending them over the edge as previously installed? Would a washer with a smaller outside diameter be more desirable, or is the bending necessary at all? Thanks.
  9. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Scratch that... Looks like I should replace the tabbed washers with hardened standard washers, not the locking type.
  10. seriesvince

Diff Noise

They all seem to be tight... I haven't taken a wrench to them yet... but I couldn't move them with my fingers at all.
  11. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks Tom. I was able to get to the diff last night using that technique. When I pulled it apart, everything seemed to look great. The bolts on the ring gear looked fine and I didn't see anything that looked like it would be doing any damage. I think I'm going to go ahead and replace...
  12. seriesvince

Diff Noise

So... after battling with the hubs for a week... my hub puller finally gave up and broke. I'm not sure what to do here. I can't seem to get this thing to budge. I'm contemplating pulling the whole rear axle assembly down and taking it in to a rear end shop. I don't particularly want to go...
  13. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks guys... looks like i'm pulling hubs this weekend. Hooray!
  14. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Thanks for the info Jan. Unfortunately I don't have the time or funds to take this through a full overhaul right now. Could I get access to these bolts by taking the driveshaft down and removing the pinion housing from the front? Baslically, can I do this without taking the whole unit out of...
  15. seriesvince

Diff Noise

I haven't checked them since I have owned the car. I have only put about 100 miles on it since getting it on the road. What would one check for?
  16. seriesvince

Diff Noise

Guys, I'm getting a "clicking" sound, almost a grind, coming from what sounds like the diff area while under acceleration. It almost sounds like the U-Joint hitting the side of the tunnel when getting a bit of torque. I put the car up on stands and I can't seem to see anything that would...
  17. seriesvince

Milky Oil!!!!

so what is the procedure to correct this? How can I ensure that the ports will be aligned? This is the last piece of the puzzle!!!
  18. seriesvince

Milky Oil!!!!

any ideas here guys?
  19. seriesvince

Milky Oil!!!!

OK... so here is where I am at. I took the intake manifold off AGAIN and started doing some measuring. I noticed that I have about 15-20 mm difference in measurement when I compare the 2 areas marked with the red lines. This tells me that I probably have a bad mill job. yeah? Also... I...
  20. seriesvince

Milky Oil!!!!

Jim, I had a feeling that the intake manifold was the culprit here the whole time. I didn't notice discoloration form water burning, although I stupidly didn't specifically look for that. The heads are flat and I had them skimmed again just for good measure. I spent a lot of time checking to...