• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. iiAtlas

SIII Water Temp Sender/Guage Troubles

Hello All! Here for my annual check up.. I am on the hunt to sort out my overheating issues..or what I thought were overheating issues. Cruising around town I could go 5-10 minutes before my water temp gauge read 230 degrees. At idle, the gauge would rapidly decrease to a steady 170...
  2. iiAtlas

'64 SIII won't turn over, fuel pump?

Hi all! Long time since I've posted here, I guess thats because my SIII's been doing okay! Anyways, after about a month and a half of sitting I went to start my Sunbeam. Battery was freshly charged. I turned the key a half click and could hear the fuel pump tap-tap-tapping as it always...
  3. iiAtlas

1964 SIII Engine temperature rise on drive?

Hi all, Just got the SIII back from the shop and I finally have an engine temp gauge! Had the drive shaft crosses replaced too, so thats nice. Anyways, I've noticed that as the car turns on the temp shoots up to 200 within minutes. I go out to drive and the temp stays high, pushing about...
  4. iiAtlas

Struggling to idle after a long days work...(a 15 minute NYC drive)

Hi All, You've been a big help since my original purchase so I thought I'd turn back to you in yet another time of need. My SIII is running great!...for the most part. The previous issues have been sorted for the most part, and I'm having an absolute blast taking the car around in the city...
  5. iiAtlas

My 1963 SIII finally done after a 6 month stay in the shop! 130 mile drive too much?

Hi all, Long time no speak! My 1964 Series 3 Alpine has been in the shop for the past six months - it's been brutal. The duration of the stay is mainly due to waiting for parts as well as a fair bit of miscommunication between myself and the mechanic. I still don't know exactly what he's...
  6. iiAtlas

Smoke coming from stick shaft?

Hey all, took my 1964 SIII out for a spin yesterday. We got going just fine in the morning, went maybe 15 miles south to a diner. Ate no problem and brought her back home. We popped the hood because the oil pressure was at 0. Smoke was coming from the top of the engine out the oil cap, which...
  7. iiAtlas

Groaning sound before before engine starts?

Hi all, I've got a quick question about my 63 S3 Alpine. The car has started before, so I know it runs, but sadly it's been sitting cold for nearly two months now. Any attempts to start it fail. I've come mighty close a few times, even got it to turn over once or twice but nothing too...
  8. iiAtlas

A couple questions on my soon to be first Sunbeam Alpine! (1964 SIII)

Hi all! I am currently bidding on a really cool looking 1964 Sunbeam Alpine SIII, and it looks as if I may win! There are a few small issues with the car... 1. A missing dashboard dial 2. A broken gas gauge 3. Broken turn signals I decided to purchase the car regardless, but I was...