• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. Greggers

May 7 - Atlanta British Motorcar Day

May 07, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT Suwanee Town Center, 330 Town Center Ave, Suwanee, GA 30024 Well, the show’s sold out, but some of us (DanR) managed to get a spot. Others of us will show up early and park near the show, maybe even with a Sunbeam. It’s a nice area. There are a few restaurants...
  2. Greggers

New Site Software

Welcome to the new, new forum. You won't notice much in the way of changes, but it will work better and should run smoother. Though not much has changed, there are a few enhancements. 1. There are new options for the site style inspired by the colors of our Sunbeams – Click on "Site Style" in...
  3. Greggers

Brakes Locked Up

I had a brake master give out on me. Seals leaked, brake fluid everywhere. Cool. So, per recommendations around here, as my S5 had its booster bypassed long ago, I ordered and installed a Series II master. Bench bled. Installed. After what seemed like too little bleeding, I had solid pedal...
  4. Greggers

Miss December

This month's calendar girl is Miss Moneypenny, a 1965 Series V owned by me. She has a 1725 mated to an OD transmission. She has been rewired with the Rebel Wire kit, plus new gauges and bluetooth stereo. Her seats have been replaced with Miata high-backs draped in delicious black vinyl that...
  5. Greggers

Tutorial: Quoting in Replies

I thought it would be nice to start a fun little tutorial series to help folks navigate the new site more easily. In this edition, I'll teach you how to reply to a post and quote just part of it. Replying to a post has always been a thing, new site, old site, everywhere. But now, it's smarter...
  6. Greggers

Disc Brake Upgrade

User Imperialist1960, Kenyon Wills, documented every aspect of the restoration, conversion and upgrade of his (now former) Series II. We'll be sharing articles from it over time. Click to see one about upgrading to disc brakes.
  7. Greggers

A message to N. Texas members from MauriceH

Anybody interested, I will be at LeMadiline Saturday morning, Oct 7th, 8AM at Eldorado and I-75 McKinney, TX for Breakfast with my Alpine! Would love to meet anybody with a Sunbeam! Sincerely, Maurice Harrison Frisco, TX 75033 214 773 8528
  8. Greggers

Time to pay 2018 dues; calendars, etc.

It's October 1, and that is the date that was determined to be the best for the annual dues renewal date. Many of you received a calendar last year under the assumption that you'd donate this year. Well, now's your chance. To receive a 2018 calendar, sticker and other gifts, you must be a...
  9. Greggers

Greensburg, Indy Invasion June 19-23

ATTENTION: Southern Ohio Chapter - Consisting of: Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. Chapter President - Ian Spencer ? AND Upper Midwest Chapter – Consisting of: Minnesota, Wisconsin, North & South Dakota, Iowa. Chapter President - Jack Bacon ? AND Any other interested parties, members or...
  10. Greggers

2017 Calendars

After mailing out calendars for all the sponsors, we have a few left over. So we'd like to offer them up for sale to anybody who wants one. $10 for US buyers $12.50 for Canadian buyers $17.50 for other countries Any takers? Log in at PayPal.com Click on Send & Request at the top Click Pay...
  11. Greggers

Wire wheels

I have five wire wheels. They're rusty, but the splines look good (but what do I know about splines). Any interest out there?
  12. Greggers

PLEASE READ: 2017 Mailings

I’m getting the sponsor mailings ready to send out in the next two weeks. The 2017 calendar looks quite lovely (if I do say so myself), and I can’t wait to get it into our members’ hands. 2017 Calendars We’re doing something a little different this year. So that everyone whose sponsorship level...
  13. Greggers

Photo Contest

It's getting close to that time of year again, when we freak out because we haven't been given enough photos to do a calendar. That's right. We'Be asked and asked, and we don't have 12 photos. And I have two cars. We need photos now! So I'm making a unilateral decision and opening a photo...
  14. Greggers

Saggy Rear End...

...Not just me, but my car as well. I've got a conversion outfitted with an 89 Mustang rear end fitted with 89 Mustang 15" wheels. Either the previous owner didn't narrow it or didn't narrow it enough, so on big bumps, the tires rub on the inner lip of the wheel well. It hasn't been a huge...
  15. Greggers

Stuff at the Norcross, GA show

With the United coming up this weekend, I figured I should let folks know that I live not terribly far from the Norcross show and have quite a pile of parts I can pull from if folks need some bits. Highlights: Carpet set for a right-hand drive Alpine Roll bar Later series hardtop Round...
  16. Greggers

Membership Packets

Dear Sunbeam friends, Your new SAOCA board is working feverishly to create a better club for you. One of the ways we’re going to be doing that is by changing the way we send out gift packets. The biggest reason we’re doing this is so that those getting a calendar get it in time for the...
  17. Greggers

Invasion 2016 Photos

The Invasion 2016 photos have begun rolling in (as did a little rain).
  18. Greggers

Dear Previous Owner...

I thought it would be fun to start an ongoing post where we share stories of the absurd things that previous owners have done to our cars. I've already read a few things here on the forum over the years, but let's see what else is out there. So let's write the letters we wish we could send to...
  19. Greggers

1974 Mustang II for parts in Buffalo

Found this on Craigslist: http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/5167605397.html It says it's got the 2.8L and 4spd.
  20. Greggers

Cheap V6/4sp Mustang II on Craigslist

In addition to the one on eBay, there's a less nice one currently on Craigslist in Colorado Springs. $750obo for a 1975 Mustang II with running 2.8L and 4spd. Not so bad: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5100941224.html There's also a way less cheap one in Iowa. Though it's Jose's...