• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. S

It was good to see you, Jose

Terribly sorry I couldn't give you a ride. I owe you a digital clip when I'm back on the road. You looked great, better than when I last saw you. :) Must be that fine lving in S.A. Travel safe! Jeff
  2. S

Double pulley on the crank

My 'get it back on the road efforts' will leave a configuration of the engine/cooling system that requires one v-belt, to drive the alternator. When I reinstalled the timing cover and hub I bolted on the single pulley and am planning to leave the additional double pulley uninstalled. The...
  3. S

photo attachment

When attaching pics, I see jpg files are limited to 19.5 kb. Maybe my Nikon is getting too much data, 'cause I have to crop the dickens to get the file size that small. Is this a normal snag with a digital SLR? Do I need to use a point and shoot digital with a much smaller file capacity?
  4. S

Pacific TIger Club

Having a bit of a snag trying to get in touch with this group. Website is under construction, any ph number I get for Dick Sanders is not operational. There must be some members out there reading this.... Mr. Sanders, are you still doing that PTC thing???
  5. S

Ford 8"

Have a line on one... the question is did Ford use the same rear end for the 2300 and they did with the V6?? The one I'm calling on was behind the 4 banger (Mustang II). thnx. Jeff
  6. S

high beam indicator

I was buffing up the bezel when I noticed the blue lens has a slight ridge in it and that the lens rolls up and down. Now what is that all about?
  7. S

steering gearbox

A few years ago (two weeks after the V6 was installed) I smashed into an embankment and shoved the front to the left by an inch or two, and rolled the valence up on top of the front tires. That was a sad day. Now after repairs, and many other bigger than car things, work is under way to get...
  8. S

water outlet housing

My water outlet housing just isn't the nicest looking thing, and it sits in a high visibility spot, out there at the top. Right in front of the polished Offenhouser and in between chromed valve covers. I'm considering making a new one out of billet and wonder if anybody has done anything...
  9. S

1,000+ hp from 183ci

April issue of Hotrod has an article with a Toyota Supra Mark IV engine in a '67 Camaro. I love the sound and kick a big block provides, but whenever I read of equivalent power being generated from motors a fraction of the size, well, I'm impressed. Twin turbo's are the centerpiece in this set...
  10. S

dashboard length

I've removed my dash and am planning to fab a new one from a nice piece of walnut. The existing dash stops at the cubby, so I'll need to extend the pattern as I am going to eliminate the cubby. Probably safe to assume it is symmetrical, but it would be nice if I knew the total length, door to...
  11. S

Quick water flow question

Which way does the water flow thru the 2.8? I am assuming top/down, but I learned along time ago the definition of "assume". thanks.
  12. S

Timing cover seal

I know there is a procedure to help prevent leaks, but am unsure exactly what it is anymore. Does this sound familiar? Also, have just removed the radiator and water pump and had planned on removing the engine for this (and maybe a couple of other lesser important things). Now I am wondering...
  13. S

LED's for taillights

Was in NAPA standing at the counter this afternoon. Stat display of their LED selection got me thinking about replacing the bulbs in the car. Has anyone done this? I wonder if a round 4" LED taillight could be dismantled and the LED's fitted onto the Sunbeam housing? hmmm
  14. S

Steering wheel and hub

The search request yielded too much to sort thru so will inquire here. I would like to replace the stock wheel with wood. Possibly black, but in either case also a slightly reduced diameter. (Does anyone else have a bit of a squeeze getting legs under the wheel? The nature of the beast...
  15. S

Smiths gauges

I have a complete set of white faced Smiths (Telemetrix series) gauges (from Caerbont) to be installed. I am wondering if anyone else has used these and/or found any difficulty with the installation? I think they are quite nice.. the same 100mm and 52mm, and a derivative from Smith/Jaerger...
  16. S

fuel cell

It's been quite awhile since I've logged on... lots of changes here! I am wondering if anyone has installed a fuel cell in their car, and what size and material was it? I've looked at Summit (they have lots of 'em), but right now am thinking of welding up an aluminum one fitted, up where...
  17. S

HP/Speed calculations

Hi fellas. Been out of the loop for awhile. My wife, cancer thing; priorities get realigned. Things look as good as could be hoped for (and that means quite good), so we will press on with our lives. Without going into details which will (would undoubtedly) lead us off track, I know some...
  18. S

I'll be damned

What a surprise! 8 hours ago I registered to a site to get info to help growing my orchids. Now here I find the exact same format. Must be stable if it is showing up more than once. We'll give it a shot, hey? Haven't looked around much, but did any of the data from the other site make...