• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. 67 V6

67 V6

67 V6 T-5 Dual exhaust
  2. M

1967 Alpine V6 for sale

1967 Sunbeam restored in California to new with smooth headlight rings. This is an Alpine with a Dark Side Ford V6 Conversion. $15,500 Located in Brandon near Jackson, MS. 39047 Less than 5,000 miles on FORD engine built by Massey Motors, Jackson,MS. 2.8 Ford. Engine is bored out to 3.0...
  3. M

For sale in Jackson MS/ Craigslist

Thanks Todd. It may lead to a path down the darkside....... mikel
  4. M

For sale in Jackson MS/ Craigslist

Sorry brothers for being absent for so long.........I watch Craigslist from time to time and posted today the 16th at 5:30 pm is a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine in great shape for the price. $385.00 I do not know the seller or the car. It is listed as with some rust and the engine turns over. Sorry I...
  5. M

Question about engine stands

Dennis, I purchased a stand from Harbour Freight which had a T type base. It was safe with the bare block on it. When I added the Heads it became unstable and tipped over. The T base is not a good choice for that reason. I did return to HF and purchased the type that looks like a Y or a V...
  6. M

Does the end justify the means?

Bill, Below is a small part of an article I copied from MSNBC.com Much of it I didn’t know. Even George J. Tenet , the C.I.A. director who insisted that the agency had thoroughly researched its proposal and pressed it on other officials, did not examine the history of the most shocking...
  7. M

Does the end justify the means?

In today’s America the guy with the gun robbing a C store had other options. We all know if not family, then church or the shelter would feed us. That was an error in judgment. And there is a big difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is where I don’t know any better, stupid...
  8. M

AIG and money

I think it is time for a vote. I declare that SAOCA is the first Internet state of America. All in favor say AYE. All opposed say NAY. Nick, hush, listen to your wife. The AYEs have it. Now to write up a list for JimE to take to congress.
  9. M

85 million dollar fix

Bill, I agree, we must keep the faith about a brighter future. I would just like a good dose of reality toss in every now and again before it becomes after thought. TV worth watching. Trump doing his show with Congress. Sounds like a great SNL skit if anything else. Thanks, mikel
  10. M

85 million dollar fix

Bill, I have to agree the numbers are likely all off and I have no idea how many people are of retirement age. Gee I don’t think the math in the other ideas/programs are any closer to the truth. Any comments in my post are not to be taken too seriously but with some sad humor. When as a...
  11. M

85 million dollar fix

I take no credit for this idea as I read it elsewhere. The 85 MILLION million dollar fix. There are 85 million Americans at retirement age. Each of them signs a contract for a million dollar check :D to be given to them tax free provided they do three things in the next month. 1. Quit...
  12. M

Home rust removal

Google ten sites before you plan which way works. Than set it up and be safe. mikel
  13. M

Home rust removal

puff4, I used a steel rod 1/2 x 6. I have read where you can use rebar. You live closer to Nick. Smack him. The positive goes to the steel rod and collects a coating!! And you must clean off the rod after each use. A green Scotch pad will do. The negetive goes to the item you are trying...
  14. M

Partsamerica.com - Gone!

I have used Rockauto .com for the same. mikel
  15. M

Home rust removal

Mike, This works very well. I dipped a set of rusted V6 heads (one at a time) in a large plastic pan and it made it easy to cleared out the water passages. Google Rust removal with a battery charger for directions. mikel
  16. M

Steering wheel and hub

Hey, I also had the problem where more clearance for the legs was needed. Enter mother of invention. I used a half inch thick block of nylon from a commercial cutting board purchased from a kitchen supply house. I used a circle cutter on my drill press to match the diameter of the hub...
  17. M

v6 conversion exhaust

BluOval, MikeH, The engine swap was completed by the previous owner. It is not one of Jose's kits. The headers go straight back. The original exhaust setup had a crossover to a single glasspack. Over time the glasspack became too loud for the neighborhood. mikel
  18. M

v6 conversion exhaust

Hey MikeH if you still have the pictures please send them on to Bluoval. They were deleted from my computer!!!! My wife blames the cat. Thanks, Mikel
  19. M

The World's Shortest Fairy Tale

Sound bout right...that is the after effect of a girlie drink....kicking and screaming. mikel
  20. M

Price of Gas

Gas is $1.66 a gallon tonight at the local grocery store in central Mississippi. Sorry admin, everybody if I got a little off track with my last post. I thought it was neat to get responses from everyone on the price of gas. Mikel