• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Search results

1. A

Series 1 Motor

Correcting email jaf61atcoxdotnet
  2. A

Series 1 Motor

Hi, I have a complete Series 1 motor that I removed for a V6 conversion. It last ran 25 years ago and has been in the car or a shed the whole time. It turns over just fine. I have given this away twice over the years and and both times the people have gone radio silent. I am moving and it...
  3. A

Delta Cam Lash

Jose - Do you recall how much vacuum you would have at an idel of 1000 RPM with your cam? Alan
  4. A

Delta Cam Lash

Yes I do have your cam and that's pretty much how it is behaving. Thanks - Alan
  5. A

Delta Cam Lash

Update We pulled the carb off and the top half of the intake. The manifold itself looks to be installed correctly (looking at the ports and discoloration from running) but the top half may have had a leak. All of the various holes are plugged. Seems to be running better after we cleaned it...
  6. A

Delta Cam Lash

Thanks Jose - I'll take a look. Alan
  7. A

Delta Cam Lash

Better knowing than not. If we plug the PVC line (pulled out of the vale cover) it doesn't make that big of a difference. Makes you think there is a much bigger leak that through the the PVC. Thanks again. Alan Thanks again.
  8. A

Delta Cam Lash

Sounds like I need to pull it apart and make sure...... Any other ideas, please pass them on. Thanks for the quick reply. Alan
  9. A

Delta Cam Lash

Jim, I didn't do any work to the heads or the block so they should be stock unless before I got them someone did . I am running the Offenhauser and the Holley 390 (all new). It seems to fit fine, but you never know, I may have missed something. Does 2 1/2 turns seem like too much for this...
  10. A

Delta Cam Lash

Delta CAM Thanks for the response guys. We are getting about 10" of Hg at idle (steady). Is that were you were with your car? We thought the CAM might have an impact. The screws are out about 2 1/2 turns for the best idle and vacuum and the float levels look good. We sprayed carburetor...
  11. A

Delta Cam Lash

HI , I am still tying to still get my V6 ruining right and was wondering if the valve lash need to be different from the stock cam (.016 and ,.017)for the V6 Jose grind from Delta. We are getting low idle vacuum at idle and can't find a leak anywhere as was wondering of the lash cold be...
  12. A

V6 Jose in Hospital

Jose, You are certainly in my thoughts for a complete recovery. Keep up a good fight and a positive attitude. Alan f
  13. A

V6 Air cleaners

Jim, My brother just bought me this for my conversion and it fits fine. It has a 2" filter and an offset bottom. I was real concerned about finding something and looking at it wasn't sure it would fit. it seems to work fine and has some clearance to the hood in the front. It 's also larged...
  14. A

2.8 Runs Too Hot

Nick - Sorry for the late response. I was out of town for work. Thanks for the offer for a second set of eyes. This weekend is not good for me, I'll reach out when I can get back to it. I also have a couple of things I need/want to do before I run it much more. Alan
  15. A

2.8 Runs Too Hot

Thanks Nick - I will check them all again (for the nth time). I am determined to figure it out. Alan
  16. A

2.8 Runs Too Hot

More Info Thanks for all of the replies. My first path was that the engine is not overheating, but that gauge was reading incorrectly. Mainly because the engine did not puke out water and the temp control on the SPAL fan would cycle on and off. Using a laser thermometer, most of the...
  17. A

2.8 Runs Too Hot

Hi, I have been working on my V6 conversion for quite a while and have run into a problem I can't figure out. The motor runs consistently ay 240 deg F and never lower. I have checked sensor and gauge in boiling water with two other references and they seem to agree. Most recently, I...
  18. A

rocher adjustment stud

I had it happen on my engine as well and all parts were either rebuilt or new. It backed way out. Doesn't run very well when all the valves don't open. Alan
  19. A

Nardi Steering Wheels

Nardi On S1 I really wanted a Nardi on my car so I used an RX7 hub sourced from Japan to put a Nardi on my series I. The wheel also came from Japan. The hub was fairly cheap (< $20 used) and the only mod I had to make was to add a larger diameter ring for the horn wiper. I made it out of...
  20. A

Carpet Kits

I am about to need carpet in my V-6 conversion and was wondering what others have done. Since the shifter has been moved back 3 -4 inches and the tunnel made longer and a bit wider, how do the standard Kits work out? Do you just shift it back and put a strip up by the firewall. I found a...